Monday, April 22, 2013

Blanks to Birthdays

 
Blanks to Birthdays
 
A gal at work asked me about Birthday cards.
 
Wow, I sorted though a large box, and you know I do very few Birthday.
What is up with that????!!!
 
That will change.  I am going to do a ton so I have them on hand,
and will SEND THEM OUT!
 
Cards are meant to brighten someones day. I know a friend of mine that sends out a card for each and every holiday.  And I am the very, very lucky recipient to have "inherited" receiving them.
Her husband is my husband's best friend.  
 
You know who you are, Miss Fabulous!
 It really brightens my day to wonder what cute or whimsical design I will get a few days before the holiday!!!
 Nothing is better than a handmade card.
I gently urge you to SEND them out ladies. 
And I will too!   
 (Smiles)...
 
She actually inspired me to get back in and create.  I was ready to box it all up and send it away.
Instead, I regrouped, organized, down sized and started to make better purchases.
 
Here is a card I did before I started blogging.  I loved the paper so much I wanted to find a way to showcase it.  And that was back when Brads were the in thing to get a gift box of several brad compartments. 
 I really do like this brad use though, and still think this card is timeless.
 
 
 
Supplies:
Black cardstock
Mirror cardstock
SHABANG.. I cannot believe I remember the name of this paper,
Reminisce Full Bloom Shimmer.
 (right now clearance product at A Cherry on Top  $1.00ea 12x12) : {Here}
Black Brads
Insert and Sentiment of your choice.  I used PTI Stylish Sentiments
 
 
I updated the blank with a PTI sentiment on grey insert.
 
 


Joyce said...

What a fabulous birthday card. I hope brads come back--I have a few! I love your sentiment inside. That one is my very favorite from that set.

Anonymous said...

I love how you have used brads for your flower centres-they look stunning.
You sound very much like me-i too had packed up all my crafty things(and sold off a lot of them)but i am sooo glad now that i had a change of heart-i'm glad you did too,you produce some lovely work,just joined you as a follower.
Best wishes,Nessa xx

Chrissy Larson said...

I think it's a great card and I love the use of brads. Maybe I can make use of the millions I still have! ;)

© wienerhoneymooners. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.